12AX7 tube alternatives for Jolida JD-100

After using Mullard, Telefunken and Amperex 12AX7s, I've substituted 5751 command series blackplate, 12AU7WA, GE5814 and 6414 Raytheon blackplate, a 12AT7 variant.

I thought the 5751 was nice with lower gain and warmth, but still had grain that smears sound.

The AU7 and its variant was too sterile.

I'm impressed with the 6414. Focused sound, holographic, good bottom to top presentation without being too edgy.

Anyone else tried something like this?
128x128wharfy
Rooski-

I googled 12BH7s and found interesting info about them. They have equal gain (mu) to 12AX7 but draw twice plate current and give off a lot of heat.

People who have used them in Jolida amps say they increase the soundstage and are more dynamic.

Also, Cary six-pac owners use them because they increase watt output and decrease distortion.

Like you I don't think I would use them because I'm not sure how the circuitry would respond to extra heat current.

Also because of their size they are microphonic, but that can be tamed by using a Herbie's Halo.
Wharfy,

I,m assuming you meant to type "12BZ7", and yeah, I've read similar comments.

I just recently found out about the TJ Full Music 12AX7's, which sound promising, but are pricey.
Yes, 12BZ7, not to be confused with the annoying B&H commercials I keep hearing constantly.

I also heard about the TJ's. Extended without harshness is a phrase I have read. Does this mean "without grain and glare?"

At $110/pr plus shipping I also find them pricey.
Look on ebay for the Full Music 12ax7's. I got mine there for $69.99 plus $5 for registered mail shipping from Hong Kong. Gold pin new in box.