Wadia 170i linked to Esoteric UX-1

Hello fellow A'goners. Recently purchased a Wadia 170i without realizing that there is no place for me to connect it: I have a Dartzeel Integrated Amp, and an Esoteric UX-1 (both stellar units, BTW), but there is no place to plug in the digital cable that came with the Wadia. I was able to get it working by using the analog outs to the Dartzeel, but I know that this is less than desirable. Is there a way to utilize the DAC in the Esoteric, or do I have to buy a stand-alone DAC. Any help is appreciated, as always.
Joe
128x128jsaah
Thanks for responding. Since I want to keep the UX-1 (it was modded by David Schulte), I guess I'll just add an independent DAC. Enjoy the music!
Joe
Another good reason to keep the UX-1 is that it has arguably the best transport ever offered by Esoteric, now only found in the far more expensive P-01 series separates.
"Thanks for responding. Since I want to keep the UX-1 (it was modded by David Schulte), I guess I'll just add an independent DAC."

That is the right decision, IMO. I would definitely not launch as good a source as the UX-1 just to get a Wadia 170i properly up and running. The Wadia offers convenience but the sound quality is not in the same league as a good dedicated CD player.
joining late, why not opt for the coming 121 dac, it might not be comparable to your ux-1, but certainly good for the ipod, and then again, it might be nearly as good as the ux-1.
even though wadia always seems to be later than advertised (happens to me too :-) they actually have got their act together again, and this seems to be ideal for the job.