PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC without the transport

I am eagerly awaiting release of the bridge and lens and plan to get the whole turnkey PS Audio music server package once it comes out. I was wondering if it is worthwile to get the DAC earlier and use it with my digital transport (using Marantz UD9004). All I read about is the PS Audio DACs performance when used with the PWT. Is anyone using just the DAC with other transport over S/DIF and how good is it? I am currently using the Xtreme DAC card in my Theta casablanca III.
edorr
Oh how I wish I had a nice analog setup. More than that, Rockitman, I wish I had the time to enjoy one. My wife and kids pretty much dictate what my schedule is. In my case, a music server is the ideal setup and the PS-A Bridge is among the better choices. I prefer a network solution, so I don't mean to stir up any controversies with the PC/USB sector.
04-28-11: 2chnlben
Oh how I wish I had a nice analog setup. More than that, Rockitman, I wish I had the time to enjoy one. My wife and kids pretty much dictate what my schedule is. In my case, a music server is the ideal setup and the PS-A Bridge is among the better choices. I prefer a network solution, so I don't mean to stir up any controversies with the PC/USB sector.

I completely understand FAF (Family Acceptance Factor) limits time. I have a live in hi-maintenance emotionally wise girlfriend. She's a bit troubled by my frequency and length of listening sessions. This I fault with analog. I just sit there with a dazed deer in the headlights expression as my favorite bands are playing before me with absolutely no fatigue. I have become a listening marathoner now...LOL. If I had kids, no way would I get away with it. Cheers mate !
I have a live in hi-maintenance emotionally wise girlfriend.

Priceless!

Very well stated. I'll have to remember that when describing my "emotionally wise" wife!

Big cheers to you as well my friend!

_Ben
Rock,

I'd get a Pre-nup that includes your "alone time" before getting married as I see trouble for you down the road. If she doesn't want to listen with you, oh well. High maintenance...and emotional issues, can't make for a peaceful cohabitation.