PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC without the transport

I am eagerly awaiting release of the bridge and lens and plan to get the whole turnkey PS Audio music server package once it comes out. I was wondering if it is worthwile to get the DAC earlier and use it with my digital transport (using Marantz UD9004). All I read about is the PS Audio DACs performance when used with the PWT. Is anyone using just the DAC with other transport over S/DIF and how good is it? I am currently using the Xtreme DAC card in my Theta casablanca III.
edorr
agree with Edorr (and Rockitman). have had the perfect wave combo since intro almost 2 years ago. the I2S connection took it over the top imho. sounded great using xlr....sounds out of this world using I2S. am streaming from a pc now but still hanging on to my PWT because it sounds so damn good (yes...i still prefer it to the stream). PWT/PWD makes for an outstanding front.
To Levy, Edorr, Rockitman...and other PWD(+)PWT users:

How do you compare the PWD/Bridge vs the PWD/PWT (on all files - 44/16; 88/24; 96/24; 176/24; 192/24...)? Some users are reporting a difference in sound between the two setups, while others report very little (if any) difference. I am very interested in your opinions on this matter...

Thanks,

_Ben
From what I have read on the PS Audio forums on their website, those that have both seem to indicate the PWT may beat the bridge by a bit. The president of PS Audio disagree's however. The PWT with I2S hdmi connection to the PWD is a great combo....natural sounding and unfatiguing for longer listens..., imo
I don't have the PWT but to me the PWT would have to beat the bridge by a dramatic margin to offset the loss of convenience of controlling the entire library from the iPhone. Throw in the additional cost of a PWT and for me it is a total non starter. Others may feel different of course.
I don't have the PWT either and I too like the way the PWD/Bridge sounds. I would however like to hear from those who own both since there seems to be quite a few folks who feel the PWT bests the Bridge.

Thanks for your responses and big Friday cheers to you...!

Have a great Easter weekend.

_Ben