Transporter vs. Squeezebox Touch w/PS AudioDL-III

hi,

which of these two options is the better way to go?

i currently have a sb3 running into an outlaw 2150.

has anyone compared the touch to the transporter?

thanks in advance.
ynnek4
also, i have never had a dac. are they just left on 24/7? any kind of maintence required (i am a newbie).

my current system consists of a sb3 hooked to a rr2150 to av123 x-sls speakers.

thanks in advance.
I left my DAC on 24/7 for the three years I owned it. They don't use a lot of power or get warm, so just leave it in a well ventilated spot. They don't require any special maintenance, calibration or alignment.

The Transporter is an excellent piece of equipment. You won't be disappointed if you buy it. I did not end up with the SB3/DAC combo because it "beat" the Transporter but because I thought the other was a better value. (Transporters were $2,000 at the time with no discounts around. Now they are not too hard to find for about $1,300.)
thanks for the info.

is it 100% the transport displays are no longer being manufactured?
Everything I've seen says that the display module used in the SB3/Classic and Transporter is no longer being manufactured.

However, that doesn't necessarily indicate a repair problem since there are probably a fair number in reserve for service purposes. The number needed for service is going to be far lower than needed to continue new manufacture.

Just think - you can buy NOS (new old stock) vacuum tubes that are 40, 50 or more years old without too much problem, though some are very pricey due to rarity now.

If you are thinking Transporter, I wouldn't worry too much about this particular issue. (Of course, I have no connection with Logitech so have no way to know for sure.)
i took the plunge on the touch and ps audio dac III. i am very excited! one question; do i run an optical cable to the dac from the touch then from the touch to the receiver...rca cables? i see on the ps audio dac there is two digital cable inputs. which one would i use? like i said before, i am using a rr2150 receiver.

thanks in advance.