Sony SCD-XA5400ES-Best SACD for under $10,000

This Sony player supplanted my Ayre C5-XE 3, which I still have, months ago. I paid $6000 for the Ayre after determining that it was the best-sounding unit for under $10,000. The Sony blows it away!!!
A unit costing $1500 besting all others under $10,000? That is exactly what it does!
For reference, I am using Audio Research electronics and Vandersteen speakers and subwoofers (about $30,000); a similar system has repeatedly been lauded as "best of show" at CES, so we are NOT talking second-rate stuff here.
This Sony is the only SACD/Cd player I have EVER heard that puts a classical piano live in my living room; nothing I ever had before even comes close.
This unit is a small miracle. I would have gladly paid $8000 for it, but if they want to give the thing away for $1500, who am I to argue?
This unit is going to send the engineers at Audio Research, Luxman, Esoteric, and Ayre back to the drawing board; their current units at 4 to 5 times the price are not even close. Some engineer at Sony is a freaking genius!!!
wa6itd
this may have been discussed before, but does this player have true balanced outputs, or balanced outputs that just convert to single ended on the inside of the chassis?
Oh please!

Not even Best at $2K!

I own a Sony XA7ES with the Benchmark Dac-1 it is Awesome!

Redbook obviously is what I am talking about.

The new Taiwan made 5400ES as a SACD player is only slightly better IMHO,

now, my Marantz SA11-S2 with the Level 2 Underwood Mods.

will be a candidate for the Best SACD under $10K!

But don't take my word for it, Listen for Yourself!

ALL this Sony hype for their LAST player, is pathetic.

Even if it was, a Super player, and it is NOT, so what?

They are being sold for $995 and less, used, so they

must NOT be that good.

I LOVE MY MUSIC!
I tried it for 3 weeks. Not even close to Simaudio Eclipse and Andromeda. Yes its good at SACD. But even Andromeda CD greatly outperforms 5400 SACD (body and weight).

That being said, 5400 is still a great buy. And it is satisfying. But it seems to do well in midrange. I have not tried the Marantz 11s2. I did try the Marantz 11s1, I liked that pretty well.

Thanks

Bill
Another cd player that's not even close to a player that 10 times as expensive...what a revelation!
03-13-10: Bjpd57a1 writes:
The new Taiwan made 5400ES as a SACD player is only slightly better IMHO
I hope your ears are better than your eyes. Mine says "Made in Malaysia" on the back.

Our views on the performance of this unit clearly differ.

Regards,