PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport/DAC experiences

I want to know your experience with the PS Audio Perfect Wave combo.
Could you compare with other CD Players ?
Do you use them with or without preamplifier ?
I will apreciate your opinions and experiences.
Thanks
elduende14
Sgr.

I wasn't aware that there was an update available for the PWD. I knew about the one for the PWT. I checked the PS Audio site, but I couldn't find anything on the PWD update. My PWD is registered, but when I click on my PS account, I don't see anything regarding the update.

Can you specify what does the PWD update entails and how I can download it?

Thanks.
I just happened to talk with PS Audio yesterday and they told me about it and sent it to me via e-mail. You handle it just like the PWT update. I believe you'll have to e-mail or call right now. I'm not sure what it is exactly supposed to improve, although I was told it would somehow improve the workings of the remote. I'm sure there must be more. If you find out what the update will do exactly, let me know.
Hope this helps.
Steve
i got the updates via email after i asked. i'm sure they'll be posted up soon.updates are still in a beta mode but will be released soon. they say all registered owners will be contacted when they are posted up. you can get it now if you want.... just email PSA .

as a side note....the updates are not idiot proof. after i completed the updates, i put the sd card back into the the PWT. did so without removing the PWD update files. this somehow updated/turned my PWT into a PWD. both screen displayed PWD controls so i had 2 DAC's and no transport.

PSA provided a quick fix once i contacted them. great support as i was up and running within an hour.

Sgr...i've never used the blue light logo switch. forgot it was even there until you mentioned it. now i know to stay away from it lol!.

cheers
Lev
The PWD doesn't ship with an sd card (only the PWT) - at least my PWD did not come with one. How then is the update implemented? Will any sd card suffice - or is there a special type?

Thanks for the info guys!
You're correct that the PWD doesn't ship with an SD card since it is not required for use. The PWT uses it to store album art when connected to the internet, so it ships with one. You can use any standard SD card that is 2GB or less, according to some posts I've seen in the past from Paul on the PS Audio forums.