PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport/DAC experiences

I want to know your experience with the PS Audio Perfect Wave combo.
Could you compare with other CD Players ?
Do you use them with or without preamplifier ?
I will apreciate your opinions and experiences.
Thanks
elduende14
i haven't given up on the ps audio products. perhaps, as has been suggested, they need more break-in.
Mine sounds incredible. I like it MUCH better using the USB as apposed to Toslink.
Srwooten: Are you referring to the PS Audio or the Minerva? I do not recall seeing a USB port on the Minerva. Also I submit that ANYONE using plastic Tos-link cables has no idea what Tos can sound like when implemented with a good real-glass cable (you shouldn't have to spend more than say $50 for a good glass Tos :)
The Perfect Wave. Initialy that is what I thought you were writing about. Then I read your other post and re-read this one, and realized my error.

BTW- I am using a Glass Tos.
MrTennis,
I think I might have found the reason for your reservations concerning the PWT/PWD. The other day, I put my two pieces in "standby" by pressing the two blue PS Audio buttons on the left top corners. I did this because usually putting equipment in standby doensn't effect the sound quality. However, on the PWD/PWT it does so drastically and it takes at least 24 hours in my experience to come back. This has happened twice to me and both times I wondered what the heck happened to my system. It sounded cold, hard, and without a lot of life.
Unfortunately, the first time I did this I attributed it to other factors. For some reason, I did this again Sunday night, and tried to listen again on Monday, and turned the system off in disgust. I made sure to leave the two pieces on, as usual. Yesterday, I had a chance to speak with PS Audio, and my suspicions were confirmed. They never turn the units off. So if you have been using the blue buttons this probably accounts for what you've been hearing.
Hope this helps.
Steve
P.S. The newest software updates for both the PWD/PWT are now availablet to download.