New or Old DAC

I currently have an older Theta front end. Data ll transport & Chroma HDCD. I like it, even though it is old and discontinued. I would like to update my DAC first , I am looking for a Theta Pro Gen va. I know the sound of the older Theta stuff and like it. But, are there any newer DAC's out there in that $1K (used) price range that can really give an equal or better performance than the Pro Gen Va? Do the newer anti jitter (re-clocking) DACS fall into that price range?

thanks, mike
128x128mikedaniels
Cajunpepe-
Please tell me that you don't prefer the sticking of of a fork in the Electrical Outlet, the same as your two friends Jmcgrogan2 and Almarg. Hey guys, there are only so many Darwin awards to go around! So exactly what kind of drug am I supposed to take to convince me that this is a safe exercise? Is there one that can completely destroy ones survival instinct? You keep on taking it, I think that I will pass!
You guys like playing around with a live circuit, because you believe that a Rectifying Power Supply is irrelevant? You might want to try putting your hand in a bucket of water while you do this, if you want to kick it up a notch, or you could even join hands! That should give you a nice, warm, fuzzy, and tingly feeling! Something told me that you, Cajunepe, would be a big masochistic fan of self imposed SHOCK TREATMENT! Just don't get hooked on it, you don't have that many brain cells to spare!
Damn it all, I guess that I will just have to split that Darwin award amongst the three of you! You guys could try something a little more safer and still get your kicks, something like Skydiving or Bungie Jumping! I guess you guys just like that tingling feeling too much!
You too, Cajunpepe, will conduct Electricity, but by all means you can go on argueing wth me till Hell freezes over that you don't! What do I know, I'm on Drugs!
Jmcgrogan2-SNAP!

Almarg-CRACKLE!

Cajunpepe-POP!

Is that noise my breakfast cereal, or my Drugs kicking in? If it is neither, then (ZAP!) someone is spasming on the way to becoming a crispy critter! Naw, couldn't be, I must be drunk or my inability to understand English must be affecting my hearing! Why am I argueing with a trio of crispy critters anyways? Maybe they still have some arguement left in them, the way they are still happily jiggling on the floor? Is that a grimace or a smile on their faces? Oops- eyes just burst out of their sockets-they must be happy! I will be happy too, just as soon as I take some more drugs,but I don't think that I will be as happy as those three! Atleast they look happier!
Reading through this, I don't feel like Pettyofficer got a fair shake. He pointed out a glaring mistake and got nothing but evasive and attacking responses. Attacking his typing doesn't seem to resolve the issue. Also, the fact that you guys are having trouble reading a paragraph worries me about the quality of anything written on Audiogon.

His frustration may have roots in the fact that he is right and no one has sided with him or admitted their error.

"Face it Gentlemen, neither one of you are exactly Nicholas Tesla."

hah!
Reading through this, I don't feel like Pettyofficer got a fair shake. He pointed out a glaring mistake and got nothing but evasive and attacking responses. Attacking his typing doesn't seem to resolve the issue. Also, the fact that you guys are having trouble reading a paragraph worries me about the quality of anything written on Audiogon.

His frustration may have roots in the fact that he is right and no one has sided with him or admitted their error.

"Face it Gentlemen, neither one of you are exactly Nicholas Tesla."

I lack the knowledge to refute the technical aspects provided here in PO’s statements. I took a mild jab at his good character based solely on his approach – which is, needless to say, quite “over-the-top!” It is his “approach” that leads some to question PO’s medications and dosages - which in itself, really needn’t be viewed as an insult – given that statistics indicate a good portion of this very community is taking meds (those kinds of meds).

A simple word of advice for PO….brevity.
Sorry about the lack of brevity, 2chnlben, but what do you expect from someone who is on drugs. Alright, lets try to set all hurt feelings aside, and I will try to be brief as possible. I firmly believe that the Rectifying Power Stage to ANY circuit IS part of that circuit. If Tubes are used in the Rectifying Power Stage of a circuit, then those Tubes ARE part of that circuit REGARDLESS if that circuit is an Analog Output Stage circuit or a Digital to Analog Converter circuit. All that you have to do is follow where the current flows to, and where it flows from within that closed circuit. If you are an Electronics Expert, and strongly disagree, and want to use distinctions to bolster your arguement, knock yourself out. I suppose that anyone can make a reasonable arguement based on distinctions.