How to Play iTunes Through My HiFi

O.K. - I have done some research and am still confused. I would like to play iTunes playlists through the stereo system but have found using my MacBook Pro as the source degrades the sound. I've done this at a couple of parties using a DJ system and the Mac sounds inferior to the professional Denon CD players.

My budget is $400.00-600.00 and I already have a Bel Canto DAC II I could also use. Any suggestions of products which can improve the music making abilities of the Mac laptop?
tomryan
wireless from macbook to airport express to bel canto dac to receiver. Airport express around 80 to 100 dollars.
If the Dac2 has USB, direct connect from the Mac to the Dac using USB. If it doesn't have USB, you can purchase a Bel Canto USB 24/96 Link. it has USB on one end and SPDIF on the other.
Thanks for the great advise, guys. I'll check into the Bel Canto USB Link as I'm happy with the sound of the DAC 2. I have to buy another ext. hard drive so I'll discuss the Airport Express with the Apple Store.

Any one have a suggestion for a DAC (I'd like to to buy used to stay in that 400-600 buck range) with a USB port?
Depending on what type of firewire port you have you can also use a Focusrite Saffire or Saffire LE. This way you can use firewire into the unit and then use the spdif output into your dac. Another nice thing is you can also use it as a dac and plug it into a system that you're using when you DJ as it has the 1/4 jacks.
i started out with your exact same question and an even smaller budget, and after trying various unsatisfying solutions ended up buying a logitech transporter which i really like. i also got an ipod touch running ipeng as a wifi remote control. i spent a bit more but now my ears are happy too.