OPPO 83 and Benchmark DAC 1

Anyone has used Benchmark DAC 1 with OPPO Bluray 83? Kindly share your opinions if they are good match on audio. thanks!
ykk
My only concern is that the transport mechanism may not be up to the build of even a Rotel RCD-1072 CDP...
I tend to think you are more concerned about this than need be.

Brian
Byegolly
First off a 10 dollar transport today could be as good as one that was 300 10 years ago.. they all are mechanical mechanisms and could fail. Lasers in older units are far worse than todays as well in most cases. But back to your SACD dilema truth is what you do is take your DAC 1 hooked via Coax, run your DAC's analog outputs to an input on your Preamp, this input will now be designated as your Hi end Redbook input.. Now you take another pair of interconnects directly from the Oppos ANalog 2 channel outputs and pick another Open input on your preamp as long as you have an extra auxilary input open you can use…

Then you can still get the full benefits using the machine in its SACD format, and get the benefit of your DAC for standard CD and even standard DVD's if you choose that the sound is better.. Interestingly as long as you can acutally hook up this way being you have the extra input on your preamp to use for dual duty on digital source, you can put in a Hybrid SACD and start listening on SACD thru your designated preamp input, and then on the Fly switch over to your DAC's input in the Preamp via Remote control and see what you hear!!! Could be shocked, maybe the oppo sounds better, maybe redbook thru your DAC sounds better… For the money we are talking about here its not a big risk to go this route for you, accept the cost of one extra pair of interconnects and you would probably want at least equal quality from SACD and Redbook so not sure what you have invested into this with cables, but you would just need one more set along with the player itself.

Good Luck
Thanks again undertow. I think my LFD integrated amplifier is pretty limited on inputs, but I'll check it out.
That is how I used my DAC1 w/ an Oppo.
Coax to DAC1 for CD and movies.
L&R analogue out (better than the stereo out) to preamp for everything else.
Mjcmt,

Interesting. Are you saying that the L&R multi-channel analog outputs sound better than the dedicated stereo output? I thought the stereo output was supposed to be higher quality than the multichannel outputs. I'll have to check this out when I get home.