Elite DV-47Ai or move on is the question...

Picked this unit up back in 2003 and wondering if I should keep it or move on with something new...just ordered a DAC1 Pre and wanted to get thoughts on keep/sell here...off in the weeds on this whole 192/24 thing and wondering if I should take a step back and settle with 96/24 etc...

The ask here is whether to keep it since it will "perform well" or to pick a new unit with a < $2k price tag...bang for the buck I guess is what I am looking for...
vineman55
I think it is a great player for the money. Both of the previous posts make sense to me. Of course, if money is no object.......
Thanks for the guidance here, it looks like I will keep it for now and maybe pick up some good headphones and a darkvoice as next add-ons...

Much appreciated...
Pettyofficer brings up a great idea. I believe the DAC1 Pre has a balanced input, so it might not be a bad idea to have a balanced output installed on your Pioneer as he did. Should be a relatively cheap mod, much cheaper than what you were probably considering for a replacement player.
Agreed this is good idea...not sure who would do that mod but open to suggestions if anyone here has a good resource it would be appreciated...
Vineman55, Space-Tech-Lab installed Balanced Digital Output with Balanced Analog Output,(for SACD/DVD-Audio) on my Pioneer. Albert owns his own shop in Vancouver, Canada. Not sure where you live, or how close you may be to Vancouver. This upgrade isn't inexpensive, but many CDP's charge thousands extra for Balanced Outputs. There might be some other source from another Audiogon Member closer to you, that might be able to do it for a little less. Many specialty High End Audio Equipment Retailers, have trained technicians that can do the job. Check with your local Retailers.