Elite DV-47Ai or move on is the question...

Picked this unit up back in 2003 and wondering if I should keep it or move on with something new...just ordered a DAC1 Pre and wanted to get thoughts on keep/sell here...off in the weeds on this whole 192/24 thing and wondering if I should take a step back and settle with 96/24 etc...

The ask here is whether to keep it since it will "perform well" or to pick a new unit with a < $2k price tag...bang for the buck I guess is what I am looking for...
vineman55
I don't understand why you wouldn't keep it, at least for now. It should make a fine transport. So why not plug the digital out into DAC1 Pre and plug the analog outs into the analog input. This way, you can use the DAC1 as an upgrade to Red Book CD playback, and still enjoy your SACD and DVD-A discs.

I'm running a DV-45A in my office right now. Very similar. I also have some experience with the newer DV-79AVi. They are very decent units, have good transports and respond to commands very quickly. I like them both as players and transports.
I second Ekobesky, I am still using a Pioneer Elite DV-58AV, had a Balanced Digital Output installed, and hooked it up to a Tubed Spacetechlab DAC with associated STL Equipment. Works well with Red Book CD Playback, plus I have SACD/DVD-Audio, plus Downmixes of Multi-Channel SACD/DVD-Audio. The thing was on sale for $275.00. Everything seems to be up in the air, LP, CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, Multi-Channel Versions, Music Servers, Downloading, who knows what the Music Standard is going to be 6 Months from now? Everything seems splintered, in the middle of a Recession, no less. I would have a hard time investing thousands in any Standard, without any guarantee that it will still be there 6 Months from now. I am sure everyone is guarantee-ing their favorite Format; but, because of the Recession, no-one really knows for sure! Untill the smoke clears, keep it simple!
I think it is a great player for the money. Both of the previous posts make sense to me. Of course, if money is no object.......