How good of a DAC is the Logitech Transporter

I have a Squeeze Box 3 digital out to a Tri-Vista 21. I am considering upgrading to a transporter main reason to get HI-RES native 96/24 FLAC download music which the transporter supports.
My question is the transporter a great sounding stand alone DAC and will I hear a difference between 48/24 through my present up sampled Tri-Vista 21 vs. 96/24 native supported transporter.
Thank you in advance for your feedback.
audiogalore
beautiful! that makes sense, thanks Alex! you see, i am just a beginner here :)

regards
raymond
got my Transporter last week, have been testing it with my Denon AVR 4810 and some cheap speakers while waiting for delivery of my ATC SIA2-150 integrated amp (to go with the ATC SCM40's floor standers), so i guess i can't really comment much yet except to say that so far i found the TP built-in DAC no different to the Denon built-in DAC's when playing 2-ch music (i was hoping an improvement), but then again i am only using a dirt cheap dvd player as transport (one of those $50 chinese no name ones), so maybe no point concluding on anything yet...

however, i have a problem, the knob in the middle does not always respond to "click" (push) - it's intermittent, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, does anyone know why??

thanks in advance!

cheers
raymond
You might try gently pulling the control knob 'out' just a bit to gain a touch more clearance. This will allow a bit more movement and you may see an improvement in this selector switch when pushing in the control knob.
thanks Nwavesailor! it seems to improve a bit by doing that, but still now 100%....maybe something is not quite right with knob, i will have to live with it i guess, and use the remote instead most of time.

cheers
raymond