How good of a DAC is the Logitech Transporter

I have a Squeeze Box 3 digital out to a Tri-Vista 21. I am considering upgrading to a transporter main reason to get HI-RES native 96/24 FLAC download music which the transporter supports.
My question is the transporter a great sounding stand alone DAC and will I hear a difference between 48/24 through my present up sampled Tri-Vista 21 vs. 96/24 native supported transporter.
Thank you in advance for your feedback.
audiogalore
I am sorry for the confusion, Raymond!

When used as a network player (wi-fi or LAN), the Transporter is limited to 96/24. This is due the processor they are using, I would guess.

When used as a DAC with its digital inputs, the Transporter can do 192/24 because the DIR (Digital Interface Receiver) and the DAC chips (both made by AKM), are capable of this resolution.

Best,
Alex Peychev
www.aplhifi.com
beautiful! that makes sense, thanks Alex! you see, i am just a beginner here :)

regards
raymond
got my Transporter last week, have been testing it with my Denon AVR 4810 and some cheap speakers while waiting for delivery of my ATC SIA2-150 integrated amp (to go with the ATC SCM40's floor standers), so i guess i can't really comment much yet except to say that so far i found the TP built-in DAC no different to the Denon built-in DAC's when playing 2-ch music (i was hoping an improvement), but then again i am only using a dirt cheap dvd player as transport (one of those $50 chinese no name ones), so maybe no point concluding on anything yet...

however, i have a problem, the knob in the middle does not always respond to "click" (push) - it's intermittent, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, does anyone know why??

thanks in advance!

cheers
raymond
You might try gently pulling the control knob 'out' just a bit to gain a touch more clearance. This will allow a bit more movement and you may see an improvement in this selector switch when pushing in the control knob.