has anyone tried PS Audio perfect wave duo

any experience/thoughts on new PS audio perfect wave transport and dac
hifinut
I could not imagine anyone who has the funds to fuel hi resolution recordings to pass up the PS Perfectwave Transport and DAC. I'm sorry, but Forsell be damned, it doesn't get any better than this. This combo is as sterile as Kanye West is humble. I have a bunch of fine gear and on the heals of a Modwright Platinum Trasporter and Cary CD player it wouldn't change my bottom line recommendation which is to find a way to hear this pair-- again, If you've got the bucks to feed the habit. Hi resolution and an apodising filter are mesmerizing. I'm honestly guessing a little Forsell repping going on here. "( the Forsell presents voices and instruments more solid in their position"?) Swear to god I'm not a paid political announcement.
Hello,

I am joining this discussion, because I have recently tested the PWT, and my findings are similar to that of Sgr, but with a different frontend .
My system is: EmmLabs CDSD SE + DCC2 (non-SE), BAT VK600SE, Eben X4 Speakers, ISOTEK Sigmas AC Filter . The cables are AQ Sky balanced interconnect, AQ Everest speaker cables, and AQ NRG-5 power cables for all the equipment.
I have tested the PWT versus the CDSD. The CDSD used the standard 3-glass-fiber ST's, the PWT was connected using Wireworld's SuperNova 5+ V2 glass-fiber TOS .
I was impressed by the PWT. Let's not forget it is a $3000 unit. It has a different presentation than the CDSD: it has slighlty more bass, but is less nuanced. It also lacks some of the atmosphere , some instruments shading and decay .
I started comparing the 2 transports using 2 identical Reference Recordings HDCD discs - Eji Oue's "Mephisto" compilation . I listened to mederate levels. The PWT appeared somehow more "precise" , with a little more bass (but less nuance) and with less ambiance. The images were also smaller.
Since I own the disc "Exotic Dances" from RR in both HDCD and 24/96 from HD_Tracks, I thougt that it will be more interesting to do a shootout with the PWT playing the 24/96 wav's and the CDSD the redbook disc. This time, I listened at wall-shaking levels. On Rimsky-Korsakov's "Dance Of the Tumblers from the Snow Maiden", the differences were not small. Unforunately, the winner was still the CDSD. Yes, the PWT was more precise than it was on redbook, but the precision was not its problem. Compared to the CDSD it lacked authority, it was somehow congested. The CDSD was more relaxed and with more shading, atmosphere and instrument interplay (all this on redbook !!) .
It is the same result as I got comparing the 2 transports on various redbook opera discs.
So as much as I wished to like the PWT because of its ability to play HR files, I am still trying to figure how to make it work properly, since it is blown away by my CDSD .
I don't want to get involved in a debate about relative sound quality, but I would respectfully suggest trying any other method than Toslink for the digital output from the PWT. It is generally regarded as the worst among all of the provided connection types.
Actually the PWT/PWD sound best when hooked together with a HDMI cable in native mode.
I am well aware of that. I am not trying to start a debate, either. In theory you are right. The Wireworld though performed at least as good as any coaxial SPDIF cable I have tried.
Since the PWD is the only DAC that can use the i2s from the PWT, we are limited to TOS, coax SPDIF and AES/EBU if we use any other DAC. Unfortunately, the AES/EBU connection did not function properly in my system. I will try with another AES/EBU cable...
I do not want to change my DAC yet. I was just looking for a transport capable of Hi-Rez, and the PWT looked the perfect candidate. I am still trying to figure out how to make it perform as it should in my system.