question about Balanced signals.

I just purchased the Audio GD Vacuum HE1 MK3 which has true balanced design.  I have an amp, Rotel 1080RB that is also true balanced. 

my question is regarding sources? what if they only have SE output to the preamp SE inputs?  will I at least get some benefit of balanced signal from the preamp? 

@atmasphere Thinking of you :)  just read "why balanced?" on your website.  I need a pair of ICs since I traded in the integrated amp.  would be nice to know that XLR for under $200 would be better than same budget for SE.  Actually need two pair of balanced since my PS Audio Dac Jr has balanced outputs.  Speakers are Martin Logan ESL-X with a SVS micro sub (system total 6- 8" bass drivers)

dukebdevil

@dukebdevil There are other advantages too- for example, differential amplifiers are more immune to power supply noise and they will have, in theory, a 6dB better noise figure than the same circuit executed single-ended. 

@atmasphere  sorry was trying to sum it up without going into details (because that is where we tend to make our technical mistakes).  In this last post, I should not have said "cable" .  As you clearly are aware, it is the whole design that contributes to less noise relative to signal (conversely higher signal to noise ratio).

@dukebdevil I got that. I was pointing out that in addition to the cables, there's a benefit in the electronics itself if fully differential and balanced.