Best bang-for-buck purchase you have made?

For me, it was buying a pair of used Magnepan MG-12 speakers for $550.00 from a dealer in Oregon. I had heard the 1.6 before, but not the smaller 12's. These speakers have TOTALLY changed the way I listen to music - I may eventually upgrade to larger Maggies, but I think I will always keep the 12's around.

What about the rest of you?
listentothemusic
As those that know me can testify, I have a way of finding "killer deals" on a regular basis. With that in mind, the one that really stands out to me was when i bought my first pair of Ohm F's. When Ohm Acoustics stopped production of the F's, they were retailing at appr $5K a pair. While my F's originally set me back $200 ( "free" foam rot included ), i had to sink more money into them just to get them running. Just as Listentothemusic stated with his experience with Maggies, these speakers changed my thoughts and listening habits. I liked them so much after having them repaired and finding suitable components to drive them with, i ended up driving to Boston ( from Chicago ) to buy another pair just to keep as a spare.

While they are quite limited in SPL range ( 94 dB's at 8' - 10' is their limit ), are very in-efficient ( appr 82 dB's ) and a tough load ( 1.5 - 3 ohms across the band, even at low frequencies, where you already need GOBS of current ), i still love them. Even with all of these drawbacks, once you find a suitable amp to drive them, they do some things SOOO "right" that i can't see ever selling them. One full range Walsh* driver with no crossover operating from well below 20 Hz to 15+ KHz radiating in a 360 degree omni-directional pattern is something to experience when properly set up. As i've mentioned before, i don't know of any other speakers that can present the "all engulfing" soundstage that these speakers do when you feed them a good recording. As far as bass output goes, NO subwoofer needed. Can't say that about any other "full range" as far as i know either. Sean
>

* Don't be "fooled" by other speakers in the Ohm product line claiming to use Walsh drivers. The only "true" Walsh's were the Ohm A, Ohm F and the Ohm G. The rest of them, primarily marketed under the name of "The Walsh Series", make use of conventional drivers in non-conventionally mounted designs.
Post removed 
5 years ago, I paid a 5$ door charge to see a KISS cover band...I now know what its like to be a true die hard fan of something:)