question about Balanced signals.

I just purchased the Audio GD Vacuum HE1 MK3 which has true balanced design.  I have an amp, Rotel 1080RB that is also true balanced. 

my question is regarding sources? what if they only have SE output to the preamp SE inputs?  will I at least get some benefit of balanced signal from the preamp? 

@atmasphere Thinking of you :)  just read "why balanced?" on your website.  I need a pair of ICs since I traded in the integrated amp.  would be nice to know that XLR for under $200 would be better than same budget for SE.  Actually need two pair of balanced since my PS Audio Dac Jr has balanced outputs.  Speakers are Martin Logan ESL-X with a SVS micro sub (system total 6- 8" bass drivers)

dukebdevil

my question is regarding sources? what if they only have SE output to the preamp SE inputs?  will I at least get some benefit of balanced signal from the preamp? 

Sure.  They will be carried balanced from preamp to power amp.

Depends on the preamp. Some convert to balanced and some just pass a single ended signal down two legs of the XLR. 

mashif is correct. You would need the first balanced device to have a transformer at its input so as to convert the SE input to balanced.  It would then pass a balanced signal to the downstream balanced device.  But most often, the inputs on balanced devices that can also handle an SE input will simply amplify the SE input; the negative phase is internally grounded for SE and the positive phase (of the balanced circuit) carries the signal.