Does it have to sound good for you to like it?

I listen mainly to classical music.  The SQ of classical recordings is all over the place, not nearly as consistent other types of music.  Recording large orchestras is a complicated and difficult endeavor. Smaller ensembles are easier to record. So, if you listen to a great performance of an orchestral (or any) recording but have trouble with the sound will you avoid listening to it?

128x128rvpiano

There are two quite clearly divided camps here.

Besides, that's when true audiophile rig shows real class - when it achieves an impossible task of making poor recordings sound tolerable.

Does it have to taste good for you to eat it?

Not a fair analogy because you have to eat.

But sometimes I really need to listen to music.

So sound doesn't always matter.

Myself interpret a very good performance is not only the composition but 

for sure the sound quality. If it is lifeless and or bright ,I consider this a failure 

and avoid , Thst being said if you stream and are willing to spend sa6 $5 k 

You can  make even less then average recordings sound very respectable with the correct Ethernet cables ,highquality hub ,for sure a decent LPS at the router 

and at least a $4-6k dac to truly make a significant difference ,

if not then you can buy decent digital filters that plug into the streamer from the hub 

to improve the sound  ,since digital is not grounded and Carrie’s noise house to house you absolutely have to start at square one of the weak links in the chain 

for sure Never have a old separate router modem for starters .

I had and call your cable company a all in one ,I bought a Motorola 2802 I think the # is around #$230 it has a docsis 3.1 , much faster processor and buffer ,even your tv picture will improve . It’s use a decent after market  Ethernet cable , at least $400

and your best at your end point Sablon from the U.K excellent for the $$.then go to Linesr tube audio great LPS power supply to your router , and comes with a great Dc cable , buy a low cost $200 Pangea sig mk2  awg14 power cord for the router.

LHY SW-8 Ethernet hub excellent value for $600 buy the same Pangea power cord ,then there are several Ethernet filters , this is a economical setup ,a major upgrade at least a $3500 Ethernet hub to complement everything else mentioned 

only then wil you hear a much more musical analog streaming playback .and your dac needs to be respectable as well as streamer . Just like a good turntable 

your talking at least $12-$15 k to get a nice setup .it takes time but essential to remove every weak link in the audio chain.

Charlie Parker can be rough to listen to on many poorly recorded outings. But he is so phenomenal you can't avoid appreciating and enjoying his playing even on the worst recorded records. 

My latest favorite rockers, Band-Maid (from Japan) have several mediocre recordings on CD of otherwise great material. Their excellent youtube videos make up for this however, so it's not a total loss. If you haven't listened to them already  pull up their songs "Hate?" and  "Play"  on youtube. You won't be disappointed. After a month of stumbling across Band-Maid, I'm starting to think they're the best rock band to come around since the Stones. High praise indeed. Don't miss out.

Mike