DAC with the best midrange ever.....

Please keep this topic straight to the question and try not to go off tangent. I am very specific with this need.
Most musical and melodic dac, I DONT LIKE the new benchmark dac even with all the rave out there that much but I liked the Musical Fidelity A324 dac.
The Audio Aero Capitol was nice but I prefered the SONY SCD1 even though its much older. I am a huge analog fan...
This should give you an idea as to what I am actually trying to find if you have had any of the mentioned units.
thanks
rapogee
>>You should be ashamed that you call yourself a professional audio reviewer.<<

"Professional?", that's funny.

Anybody with half an ear can be a reviewer. The second and third rate mags have no standards whatsoever.

TBG and Guido are superlative examples.
Dear Rapogee,
Not sure about the DAC with the best Mid-range that you desire. You might want to concider a Space Tech Lab DA-64XT Super. Balanced Vacuum Tube Output Stage with Vacuum Tube Rectification. If that is not enough Musical and Melodic enough for you, you might want to concider an STR-104 Vacuum Tube Rectifier as an add on to the DA-64XT Super. This entire Unit plugs into, and replaces the Power Rectifying Tube on the DAC. Double the Musical, Melodic, Soundstage depth, Dynamics, Air, and Harmonic content. Can't say that it is the best, but worth a Hell of allot more than it costs!
Currently, Museatex Bitstream outfitted with Furutech Gold IEC, provides ultimate musicality across the board.
Rx8man - I'm currently running a Bitstream over my Cal Alpha in my current PCaudio setup. Is yours modified? I'm really pleased with the detail and not quite sure what's to be gained from modding. Just curious of your experience before and after modding if that is the case.
I'm using a 32-bit DAC created out of a Denon 3910 by Alex Peychev that includes a Class A tube output stage, among other refinements. The sound is pretty amazing - no problems after 6 months. He is working on several commercially viable DACs using the latest 32-bit AKM DAC chips as I write this. Not sure when they will be available, but when they are, definitely worth checking out.
huge analog fan, best midrange ever, doesn't like the Benchmark...i'm thinking at the very least NOS and something with tubes.