Audioquest or Nordost for speaker cable

I have all Nordost IC but have been impressed by Audioquest power cable and am thinking of changing my speaker cables to Audioquest Thunderbird zero. I currently have Nordost Heimdall. Do you think that’s a good idea, Thanks.

couger4u

@soix i am looking for better imaging, more bass and better upper high’s and separation of instruments, 3D sound, bigger soundstage, more musical and better sound. What everyone wants. 

@audphile1 now I certainly don’t want my system to fatten up too much. If Audioquest is gonna do that then I guess Nordost is a better choice. Most of the people in this discussion prefer Nordost anyway. 

Frey 2 would be a good choice. If you can swing Tyr 2 even better. I use Tyr 2 XLRs and a combination of Frey 2 and Heimdall 2 power cords. Also looking to try Frey 2 speaker cables in place of my Audience AU24SX. 

@vinylshadow 

"I've heard good things about Nordost...And that Audioquest is made in China. I'm not buying anything Chinese."

Interesting to know that AQ is made in China.

No body likes things made in China... but people do care about money.

1. audio cables, 2. DACs 3. tube amplifiers

They are considerably cheap and GOOD ENOUGH

I believe that "AQ is made in China" was debunked on another thread, here or elsewhere. Maybe just their cheapest cables are. I read there's a new v3 version of some nordost cables out that you might want to look at. Keeping your ICs and speaker wire from same manufacturer is probably a good idea, per Steven at TCC.