Power cords: does length matter?

This is a serious question, however if you don’t believe that anything about power cords matter, and you feel the need to make a joke out of the question, feel free.

Anyway: I have noted that all the stock power cords that have been provided by the manufacturers for my equipment are about six feet long. After looking at various aftermarket power cords on the internet, I note that they can be ordered in various lengths from one meter on up.

I would think that the shortest possible power cord in any given application would be desirable (meaning one meter if it would work), but I find that a lot of notions I had about things like this are often wrong (such as what I very recently posted on misc about manually tripping breakers to protect components). So am I also mistaken about selecting lengths of power cords?

TIA for any and all legitimate consideration and answers to this question, and to all others, enjoy the laughs.

immatthewj
Post removed 

@tattooedtrackman …”Yes I did have 2 - 2 m HC Dragon and 2 - 1 m HC Dragon PCs.” 

That is a really interesting observation. It’s too bad we do not live near each other. It would be really interesting to visit each other’s systems. 

What kind of music do you listen to and how loud do you listen usually.

I listen to jazz, blurs, world mostly… with classical, electronic and occasionally other genre. Volume is typically 65db to 75bd… but if I feel like “rocking out”, 80db.

@ghdprentice That really would be interesting and fun to visit each other systems. I listen mostly to classic rock , soft rock , pop, Motown , some county , some jazz , some classical. My volume is typically 80 - 86db. 

I always just bought the shortest length shunyata PC that would reach and leave some flexibility to save $$$  and have always been happy.   

Anyway I bought this Wireworld Cable mini plug for a Devialet Phantom and was surprised to read what they said about length. "Since they function as filters, longer lengths improve performance." Great PC by the way. The Phanthom's sound got fuller, richer and better overall. Perhaps because as Class D it needed thicker guage power cord for passages with heavier current draw?

https://wireworldcable.com/collections/power-conditioning-cords/products/electra-mini-shielded-power-conditioning-cord

@panzrwagn Was Benjamin Franklin midget? I think only midgets can have that luxury of the manhood to reach the ground LOL