Marantz SA10 sacd player

I love this  player , after 3 yrs and 2 months I purchase it. It doesn’t read single layer sacd. It’s out of waaranty.So United Radio marantz authorize won’t repair it. Is this a common issue on this expensive sacd player?

128x128jayctoy

immathewj,

I would tend to think that your player is as it was described by MD when you bought it. MD is not like Accessories4Less. It came as it did because the previous people had obviously discarded the packing material and misplaced the power cord, both of which happen a lot. Marantz no longer ships with an Owners Manual. You have to download it. They saved about 3 cents doing that, but it adds up I guess. I would not worry.

I have given everyone here the means to be able to track laser time and life. And everyone should do this from time to time.

These players are very good. They were all built in Japan under the previous Marantz design team and ownership. They have unique circuitry, design and performance. The laser mechanisms are first rate. But this is electronics, so nothing lasts forever.

The two corporate ownership sales in the past 4 years have really had an effect on the whole Marantz operation, especially service. Massimo has no experience in consumer audio. And it shows.

Immatthew Sharri gave me the parts number and the link.. So I was able to buy 2 traverse lens assembly. He is a good guy.

@sharri  , I appreciate all your input to  OP's SA10 thread as it may help me out.  I am hoping you are correct about my SA10, as imo, it does sound great.  I am coming back to this thread later to study on the checks you described, and if I have any problems figuring them out (I am digitally illiterate) I'll ask you.  Again, your input is appreciated!

Sony still makes a "universal" BD/SACD/CD/DVD player that sells on Amazon in the $300-350 range.  4K UHD, began shipping 2019.

Model UBP-X800M2

Related question: During the pandemic, Sound+Vision gave praise several times to a new company that seemed to be marketing Oppo-like players at a reasonable price.  I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall comments about how it had purchased Oppo's intellectual property.

Unfortunately, the magazine abruptly stopped covering those players after 6 or 12 months.  And now, I can't find those references online & don't remember the name of the company.

Does anybody have more information about the name of that company, or the model #s of the players -- or even whether they're still available?