No frills CD player for tube amp

Any suggestions on a great sounding "no frills" cd player to match up with my Rogue Audio Tempest II Magnum. Tube or ss considered.Looking for a more "laid back" (for lack of a better term) sound. I have an NAD cd player now and it is way too bright on the top end.Speakers are Paradigm Monitor 7v.4. Budget is $1200.00 max. for a new or "fairly new" used unit. There is absolutely no place in my area that carries 2-channel equipment, so no place to demo. Help !!!!! Thanks
128x128tpreaves
Well,I've had a full week with the Tylers and my first response to them carries on. These things sing!! I really lucked out buying these without ever hearing a Tyler product. I bought them on the merits I've read from other owners and the numerous reviews I have read online. I did not read a single bad thing about them and now I know why.Ty Lashbrook makes a helluva product.I am using a pair of DH Labs Q-10 cables. I have just purchased a Cary CDP-1 cdplayer on e-bay and will post again when I spend some time with it.
Aceboympk,You say the Doge6 is a no brainer and a giant killer,huh? I see you have one for sale. Coincidence?
Tpreaves, I've been looking at the Cary CDP-1. Would be interested to know your impressions. I have a NAD 521BEE cdp, with Arcam Alpha 10's driving Vandy 2's. I like plenty of bass slam...