Loud pop/screech when powering on amp

Hello All,

I have an Audio Refinement Multi 5. I just bought her used in pristine condition a couple months ago. I get a loud pop when I turn it on. But the last couple of days there's almost like a weird screeching sound right after the pop . Everything sounds. fine when I play music/movies, but I'm a little concerned if this is a bad sign. I'm also a little concerned if this is harming my speaks. I have had other amps that pop and I know this is normal. I always turn her on last and turn her off first and volume is always low when powering on and off. I only use the power button in the front when done for the night. I have not turned the main power button off since connecting her. I have a Shunyata power cable plugged directly into the wall on the amp. I have an Audioquest Powerquest 303, should I maybe try plugging the amp into that, would that help? I also did turn off the main power switch on the back this morning and will try when I get home to see if this helps when I power her up...

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Best Regards...

kingbr

Thanks @immatthewj , so why would the original power cord make any difference do you think? 

Thanks @erik_squires, ya I guess that’s the best place to start local shop. 

So when I got home I flipped the main power switch in back on. Then the front power button. Still the pop but no after screech sound. I would describe this as something close to the sound of a quick drag of the needle across an album on a turntable. But again after switching off the back power switch this morning and turning her back on today no screech. Weirdly it almost seems like the pop only comes from my right front speaker. Not 100% sure so next time I’m going to listen to try and confirm that.

Maybe this is normal. My Earthquake Cinenova Grande does the pop thing and Joseph S said that’s completely normal. It was when the screech sound was added that I became concerned…

Thanks again All for helping. I got this amp for under 1K for my second system, so if I have to replace it it wouldn’t be the end of the world. However if she damages my SF Sonetto’s, now I got HUGE problems😬😳

Regarding the red dot, this is from the manual…

“For best sonic results, correct orientation of the AC plug is important. The prong with the red dot should be connected to the "hot" connection of your wall socket.”

Maybe it’s a Euro thing or something.  If you end up needing service maybe reach out to member bigkidz as I think he does repairs.  

Thanks so much @soix! Never saw this in the manual and never heard of this? But again the Shunyata cord plugs in the same way as the stock cord, no?

Any idea how I could contact bigkidz?

I think bigkidz is based in New Jersey, isn't he?  That would almost be in road trip range from New Hampshire.