Are You A Disciplined Audiophile?

The issue of whether break-in is real aside for now, when you make a change in your system, such as a new component or cable, do you have the discipline to wait before making any other changes?  I usually mark my calendar for a month and perhaps 2 months and try to change nothing else for that period of time so I can better assess exactly what the new thing is doing. But sometimes it’s difficult to wait. IMO, break in is a real thing, both in the component and the listener, but even if you don’t believe components and cables change after a few days, can you wait at least a month to listen to enough music to adjust your ears to what the new thing brings to the system on its own?  

chayro

If it doesn’t sound good in 1 minute, I don’t hang around waiting for it to change. If it does sound good, or show signs of greatness, I will give it time to burn/break in. Tubes, bearings, drivers, and capacitors all improve with use.

Anything should break in by 100 to 200 hrs, approx a week. The "discipline" should only be there for 7 to 9 days.

The 2 month timeframe is the sneaky dealer suggested "discipline" to let the return windows expire. If it continues to sound like sht after 8 days, initiate rma, get your money back and "discipline" the dealer..

Post removed 

Equipment does not change, only the way you hear it changes.

As usual mijostyn dogmatic claims reflect superficial understanding :

It is evident that many factors can change in a system and all S.Q. perceived changes are not listeners illusion ..

Simplification are only that simplification ... 😊

«In the following, we will use the term micro-dynamics. Micro dynamics is the ratio of two voltage (or sound pressure) values in a time interval. In some cases, it is equivalent to what audio enthusiasts call micro-dynamics. The only difference is the length of the time interval. Generally, the minimum time interval for the human ear to confirm the existence of two sound pressure intensities (or there are two sounds) from the sound is 0.1 second. The micro dynamics we are referring to here include very short time intervals and extend to a range that can be distinguished by the human ear.

We will also use the term "Sound State" in the following description. Sound State——The emotional state of the sound. Technical expression: The sound pressure value will change over time. This change relationship is expressed on the coordinate graph of the amplitude vertical axis and the time horizontal axis, which will produce a trajectory of the sound pressure value changing with time. Sound state-the shape of the track of sound pressure changes over time.»

https://www.chenaudiolab.com/id61.html

But why mijostyn deny or put under the rug this facts he could not deny ?

Because in his arrogance he seems to like to give people name :

"Break In" in an illusion of weak minded audiophiles who can not get it through their heads that human sensory systems accommodate to stimuli.

By the way i listened myself break-in process clearly with some new components...

and my brain adaptation is not the only factor ...

It seems in life  real weak mind people had difficulty to keep in their head two simultaneous complementary explanations as necessary and complementary   ..😊

It is better to think two times before insulting people ...