Most intriguing DAC?

There's always a lot of hoopla when a new DAC comes out like the ESS Sabre32 and AKM 32 bit DACs. But these are all on silicon.

Few manufacturers actually makes discrete DACs. In the past, I was only aware of one company, Meitner, (may be dCS?) that did this. Recently I came across MSB Technologies Platinum DAC III that use closely matched discrete resistors (0.1% tolerance for standard DAC, 0.01% for the Signature upgrade, and 0.001% for the Diamond upgrade). It is a variant of the older, but highly valued, ladder DAC. MSB is one of few DAC companies that offers a steady upgrade path. I really find this DAC intriguing. But why is this DAC hardly mentioned on audio discussion sites or in the press?
dracule1
"About MSB they were one of the first audio companys to build the out board dac."

Theta invented the outboard DAC I believe.
didn't Al Gore invent the internet? Seriously I know Theta was one of the first to put out an outboard DAC but it's not the point of this thread. Just trying to find out if anyone has firsthand experience with MSB Platinum DAC III. Very few have tried what MSB has done.
Maybe you don't see much of the MSB DACs on the forums becuase its too expensive for most people.
Marvin, I believe MSB Platinum III goes for around 6 or 7 grand. This is expensive but not that expensive compared to $10k+ DACs and CDP that are regularly discussed on this forum.
Arthur Salvtore at High-End Audio has a short review on the MSB platium III dac and transport under march recent reviews