who needs a cd player anymore

I have not used my 2 cd players in over a year and i don't miss them. I have a krell kid ipod player, msb ilink and wadia i170 all ipod based. The real advantage is not having to search though hundreds of cd and wasting time on finding songs. On one ipod touch 32 GB i have over 3,000 itunes plus songs on it. On my other ipod i have apple lossless music only. My point when you lose your cd player and go to a music server, ipod etc. you can enjoy so much more music and thats what its really about.
usarmyvet91
This new way to liten to music opens so much more different type of music to the listener.

How does the method of play back open up the listener to different types of music?
Hey Cruz, they probably just play any old tunes like the old carousel Cd player on scramble or whatever and you just never know what will come up next. Definitely widens your exposure.Just doesn't help me with Classical-somehow I'm just not into shuffle play that much.
I guess those of us who like Classical and jazz music, according to our taste and mood at the time, with higher quality reproduction, are the ones who need CD/SACD/HDCD players and of course one of these Berkeley audio DACs in the near future hopefully.
I have a Sooloos running it through an Alpha Dac. Once you get use to sitting in your chair and selecting songs, it would be very difficult to go back to to a CDP again.
I bought a SqueezeBox and I love it. I really love the convenience of it. It sounds pretty good too. I like it so much that I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on it's big brother, a souped-up ultra-modded Transporter to see if it rivals a top-flight cd player. If course we all want the sound of the cd in its purest form...but if a hard drive/server based system can get me closer, I'd rather get rid of the cd player. I'm not getting rid of my player yet, but as soon as I find a server based system that is the sonic equal, the cd player will be gone in heartbeat and I won't look back.
Post removed