Sagging power plugs in wall outlet, diy

Does anyone have any diy advice on how to support heavy power plugs that sag from the wall outlet? I have Shunyata cords and I also have Shunyata's SR-Z1 outlet. However the power plugs still sag. Shunyata sells the Cable Cradle, which is the perfect fix, but I feel like there must be some diy alternative. 

rfprice

@jea48 - what a nice, neat job you did, looks like a finished product.

Using Legos- when you really want to let people know you are "serious" about sound. 

Fun thread- it is an issue. Mine was just a quick fix and I don't mind the appearance in a dedicated room. Those big power cords can be a PITA.

One thing you can do with the pucks is stack more or less before gluing (and I guess you don't even have to glue them together) depending on height needed. 

@whart , Thanks for the kind words.

I’m pretty sure I could improve the product if I were to build another one. I mean I only spent about 30 minutes making it. If I built another one I might modify the plug support cup slightly with a heat gun. Bring the two tails in just a little bit. I would also try a 2 part epoxy glue to fasten the cup to the duplex plate. I hate working with epoxy though. I probably would have to design, make a jig, so the cup couldn’t move while lowing the cup in place onto the plate. Epoxy is slippery, as I remember when wet.

Using Legos- when you really want to let people know you are "serious" about sound.

Exactly. ☺️

Thanks for all the good ideas, fellas. I guess there are lots of ways to go about it with a little imagination and creativity.

You could use a small shelf bracket and then place about six inches above the plug in and attached the plug in and using zip ties to attach the wires to the bracket.  It will definitely secure the plug-in.  The six inch bracket has holes that are pre drilled to attach screws.  

it will hold the wire in place.  Good luck

jea48,

You basically made what Sonore sells for $80! I have to say, Sonore's solution is ridiculously expensive for a molded piece of plastic. Well done to you!