power cord for pass 250.8

Looking for a power cord for my Pass 250.8

Right now using cord that came with it. Could I do better?

For those with this amp which cord did you find most suitable.... My system is a bit on the laid back side so a somewhat more forward sound would be nice. Looking to pay up to $3,000.00 used.

Thanks for any suggestions.

roxy1927

Audio Quest Hurricane 2 meter. It will not change the tonal balance but significantly reduce the noice floor and increase dynamics. This power cord (and its big brother the Dragon) has  taken the high end audio world over the last couple years by storm (pun intended) for a reason. Highly recommended.

Thanks for your recommendation. To be honest I have been looking at these two from the comments on Audiogon. Have you heard both? I read that the Dragon is a significant step up from the Hurricane. Do you find this to be the case? Worth the money?

When I was doing my evaluation a couple years ago my dealer only had Hurricane. So I was able to compare the 1m Hurricane with the two meter Hurricane. I bought it. The 2 meter sounding noticeable better (no change in attributes… just more improvement). That was the last of my purchase in this system upgrade. But, I have read what you have the Dragon is even better. If you can afford the Dragon, definitely. I have heard no shift in sound tonal balance or anything that would be negative on high quality components which you want to perform the best… as opposed to change something about the sound quality.

Used the Hurricane on XA30.8 and ended up not loving it.
Based on what you’re looking for, Nordost Tyr 2 power cord will possibly end your search. Try and audition it.