Choosing a new turntable

Hello to everyone. I’m in the process of wanting to replace my turntable. My three choices are 1- Wand Master black, 2- Mofi Masterdeck and 3- Dr. Fiekert  Woodpecker. I would appreciate any experiences anyone here has with any of these TT .Thanks!

vicdior

In relation to Roksan TT's, I can't but not attach them to the reason why bearing modifications become so popular in the UK in the Nineties and onwards since.

The Company might be the Godfather of very accurately interfaces for machining bearings and having a quality control that maintained the Spindle / Bush interface was kept to very low microns, resulting a extremely true axis.

It was a common perspective that the presentation of these TT's was very attractive, beguiling in their attraction to competitors TT's. 

The quality of the Bearing on the Roksan TT was attributed to this particular sonic and creating an attraction that was a very competitive and improved over other mechanical interfaces encountered from competitors.

Roksan as a business model did not capture and ensnare their customers as did the Linn's, Naims and Pink Triangle, informing their captured prey, all methods of listening used until now are wrong and lets us re-educate you to become better audio enthusiasts and show you clearly where to direct funds.

I would assume the much more commonly seem magazine media were met with an alternative version of how a product should be represented by them, in the eyes of  Linn, Naim, or Pink Triangle and the likes of Roksan were never to be given the place the quality of the product they were producing deserved. 

For myself, I am happy they showed others the benefits of creating a very tight tolerance mechanical interface and the value of a true axis rotation. Mechanical minded individuals commenced with their own versions of this, and I was a recipient of early produced work from the early 90's and am still involved being very encouraging to see this area of work undertaken for a mechanical interface  maintained by individuals being inquisitive and wanting that extra special experience.

Additionally, I am instrumental in seeing this area of a mechanical interface continued as a evolving R&D today. There are a few very good skill sets sailing close to the wind on this subject and I am to look on, to see where they are bearing, it is getting this area closer to being correct, that enables plenty more dots to be connected on the trail to a much improved Cartridge Styli > Groove Modulation Interface. 

lewm

you are correct, it also occured to me they are old designs, many on that list are making fixed these days

my point is they all made their reputations with these removable headshell designs. reviewed, recommended, on approved lists ....

I think it  is based on a technical truth, competing with current trends, but they might shift again.

How in the world can they make a wooden tonearm, yet persist in fixed cartridges, yet some mount to a plate attached with a single screw, then subject us to exposed delicate wires.

modern trends change like preamp and amp should be separate: change back to integrated which is a receiver without a radio (and no features often).

receiver, integrated: true advantage: less interconnects, the purist separates add a  'joint' or two, or three: far more subject to trouble than a tightly fastened headshell.

everything is relevant, to what extent?

I advocate not giving up flexibility for a theoretical difference you probably cannot hear.

Perhaps many of you have read that the majority of stylus sent in for checking or re-building are worn on 1 side. IOW, anti-skate is/was off enough (too little/too much) for a long enough time to wear one side (and put more force on one side of your LP’sgrooves).

Who sends these stylus in? Us, not the normal dude.

Extract: the majority of us could not hear it, or be aware of the imbalance and improper imaging that condition causes. Can the majority hear a joint in a wire? I certainly cannot. I certainly can hear proper anti-skate and balance and imaging.

Reed and Schroeder are ones with separate plates for easier cartridge mount, then attached by a single screw, then delicate wires inviting trouble.