Integrated amp: Component weight

I'm an older guy with a bad back looking to spend $5-10K on an integrated amp.  Before I get into functionality, connectivity, or even sound quality, my threshold considerations are price, power, and weight.  My 86dB-sensitivity Harbeths do best with the equivalent of a 200-300wpc solid-state unit, I need to drive a variety of analog & digital sources, hope to keep weight under 40lbs, and want to stay away from "classic" Class D designs.  Been there, done that, D simply didn't work in my system.

My question: Does anybody know of any published listing of amplifiers that compares products by weight or size?

So far, I've only found a few 15-35lb models that meet this initial filter, from sellers like Ayre, Devialet, & Bryston, and, surprisingly, even ARC.  However, there are connectivity & functionality issues that make these otherwise-terrific options a poor fit.

Any suggestions?

cundare2

btw, not for OP

the reason I advocate efficient speakers ONLY, it to save WEIGHT/size/heat/cost while increasing placement options (remote beams),

AND easier to try tubes,

AND lower power needs keeps you in a very plentiful and competitive place. Especially probability of finding a great deal on a used item, lower power amps more plentiful, many tube amp options if power needs are reduced. 

Not sure what my STR weighs, but i don't think it's more than 35 and it is superb.

+1, How about a Benchmark stack consisting of Benchmark LA4 Line Amplifier, the Benchmark AHB2 Power Amplifier and the Benchmark DAC3 HGC? If you need more power, you can always purchase a 2nd amp

I own the Benchmark DAC3 HGC and like it very much.

I suggest you call Benchmark Media and discuss your requirements and options

I'm impressed with the amount of helpful, educated information I got in response to my question.  My short list is not quite as short now: Bryston, Benchmark, Simaudio, Devialet, Naim, Hegel, Ayre.  Maybe STR (which I'm unfamiliar with).

I have a blank Excel spreadsheet waiting to be filled in.

And, no, even if letting electronics determine which speakers you own made sense, I'm not opening a barrel of worms by even thinking about replacing my 14-lb Harbeths. As a former long-time Quad ESL-57 owner, I'm impressed with how close they come to emulating some of the ESL's best qualities.  They're remarkably accurate from 40-50Hz up and -- one reason why I was originally interested in the Devialet -- are said to extended down well into subwoofer territory when playing Devialet-SAM-enhanced content.  Also, I live in an area where finding a house with even a 15'x20' room for under $2M is tough.  So "small & light" applies to speakers, too.  So that's what I have to work with.

Also, with no friends or family within thousands of miles, finding someone to help me move audio gear around is as impossible as flying all day to visit a dealer or trade show.

Anyway, thanks again for everyone's help, regardless of whether a recommendation made it onto my list. 

And I'm still open to more suggestions.

@cundare2,

How about the Rotel RA-1592MKII integrated amp at 38.8 pounds?  The RA-1592MKII delivers 200 Watts of Class AB output into 8 ohm speakers supporting your favorite analog, digital, XLR, aptXTM and AAC Bluetooth, PC-USB with MQA and Moving Magnet Phono stage inputs. The audiophile grade 32-bit/384kHz DAC and precisely tuned circuits delivers an unprecedented sound stage with exacting positioning.

Click here for MFG info: