External XO Question

I want to upgrade the dbx equalizer that came with my Sanders Speakers.

I need xlr connectors and all analog.

Suggestions?

128x128jeffseight

Are you looking to upgrade an equalizer or an active crossover (XO)?

Per the Sanders Sound System website they appear to supply a DBX Venue360 DSP unit with their Model 10 electrostatic speaker. You will not be able to find an analog crossover that can do what the Venue360 can do. If you want to upgrade the Venue360 the only options that I am aware of would be one of the XTA DP 400 series models or the Meyer Sound, Galileo Galaxy. Some guys may come along and recommend the Xilica XP platform, but they are no longer in production.

@audiorusty wrote:

... Some guys may come along and recommend the Xilica XP platform, but they are no longer in production.

Oh yes they are, but now under the new ACX Audio brand name (Dutch division). The products are exactly similar to the ones named Xilica, and they’re made at the same factory.

I use the XP-3060, a great DSP both sonically and with regard to the range of filter parameters offered (a worthwhile step up from miniDSP and dbx, in both regards). Hooked up through network, settings can be made on your laptop/tablet from the listening position on-the-fly via the XConsole software.

Being DSP’s they’re not analogue and involve A/D to D/A conversion with analogue inputs only. Don’t let that hold anyone back, though - forest for the trees, as they say.

Price listing in Euro’s (incl. VAT):

XD Series Live Production Category - Fixed DSP & I/O Processors with FIR and AES
- XD 4080, provides 4 Line inputs, 8 line outputs w/ 4x8 AES/EBU digital audio over a DB-25 connector and FIR filters. €2,702

- XD 8080 XD 8080 provides 8 Line inputs, 8 Line outputs w/ 8x8 AES/EBU digital audio over a DB-25 connector and FIR filters. €3,240

XP Series Live Production Category - Fixed DSP & I/O Processors
- XP 2040 XP 2040 provides 2 Line inputs, 4 Line outputs. €1,624
- XP 3060 XP 3060 provides 3 Line inputs, 6 line outputs. €1,785
- XP 4080 XP 4080 provides 4 Line inputs, 8 line outputs. €1,988
- XP 8080 XP 8080 provides 8 Line inputs, 8 Line outputs. €2,230