Apple Lossless vs iTunes Plus

Any audible difference between the two? I only buy/import from CD's in Apple Lossless but I would like to stop buying CD's.
sakahara
Jax2 - I said "CD's AND spinning magnetic disks," not, "CD's AS spinning magnetic disks." Yes, I understand the difference between optical discs and magnetic disks (notice the difference in spelling between "discs" and "disks"), my point was that either storage medium will eventually fail physically or be supplanted by a newer technology.
Sfar - Sorry, my bad having misread your post. Yes, either storage medium will definitely eventually fail, no doubt. Backup is the word to live by no matter how your store your data.
Jax, I download chunks of the iTunes to my iPhone and play is quite a bit when away from home.

Otherwise the second ( iTunes only) hard drive in my computer works really well.
Sfar

You said:
“With drives costing $100 per terabyte right now everyone should have a second drive that mirrors the regular storage drive.”

Would you mind telling me where I can get a 1TB drive for $100?... internal or external?

I’ve yet to see that much acreage for that little $$$. Definitely not with eSATA drives… I'd sure be interested in it. Thanks much.