Warped record

I just received a record from Amazon, beautifully packaged and protected for a change.  However the record is warped.  
Question is will it affect the sound and/or damage the cartridge?

128x128rvpiano

I just received Crime Of The Century LP through Amazon, mastered for vinyl and cut by Ray Staff at Air Studios,180gr. Not only lots of loud pops and cracks, no visible scratches, but remastering is simply pitiful. Sound level lower by 5dB, yes I measured, flat sound stage, no dynamics. All this comparing to the pressing from eighties. It was supposed to be a gift. Return label printed, dropping it off tomorrow.

I would return it without hesitation.  I am fed up with sellers shipping people open, defective, subpar, used or bad products, such as in your case.  They count on people keeping them to avoid the inconvenience of having to send it back.

Don't let them get away with it!!! 😡😊

Amazon returns are easy.  No need to box them.  Just print scan code and drop off at a UPS store (the inconvenient part).

there are various types of warps, but I would classify them to playable and unplayable.

Bowl-warp is more-likely playable with screw-on clamp only on one "bottom" side. The other side of bawl-warp is going to slide your stylus possibly damaging both vinyl surface and cantilever

If there's warp with creasing, definitely no go.

I've got one of the later pressings of Bill Evans and exchanged this record twice all the time with some degree of warp. 

A playable warp would be the one not going too extreme

Post removed 

@czarivey 

+1 Yes warps come in all magnitudes. All but the smallest will be heard. You should return it. 

@ellajeanelle 

Sure… but I would relax. It isn’t a conspiracy. Different errors and knowledge comes from different channels. If you buy from Amazon it will happen a lot… Music Direct less. It is avoidable by going to record stores or using a different media type. But, it comes with vinyl.