Help me pick a Dac

Budget 4000

I currently have the latest version of the Bluesound Node and a PS Audio Stellar Gaincell Dac for the digital Frontend. I stream qobuz and flac from a networked drive.
The rest of system is a Backert Lab Rhumba 1.3 , Schiit aiger monos and Zu soul 6 speakers. Also have a Nottingham horizon turntable, Hana cart and Lehman Cube phono pre. I think the modest tt sounds more natural and holographic compared to my digital frontend so I think I can do better.
Also I’m pretty isolated as far as audio goes so I’ve only heard my own system and likely will have buy without an audition.

Stu

stu20

@adg101 

Count me in as another one who has had both and the SGC dies NOT "hold it's own."

Fuzztone, that has been my suspicion and adding the Backert pre confirmed that thought. Thus the urge to upgrade. 

I agree with Pinwa.

I bought the Eversolo A8 and like the internal Dac better than my Gustard r26 ladder Dac which cost about the same as as the A8

The Music Room is selling factory freshened PS Audio DirectStream Mk I's for $2000 with a factory warranty. I got one and it was in brand new condition and I also bought an Air Lens. The DAC deal has got to be the best deal anywhere near the price!

It would be best if you could digitize a few of your albums and play the files back through your current streamer/DAC combo before assuming the streamer files you access can be of comparable enjoyment to you (as those on the LP’s). Your present comparison of source files might be apples to oranges for some/many albums. Wouldn’t be able to know without a more direct comparison before swapping components.