Effect of Internet Service Quality on Streaming?

I’ve struggled for a long time with sound getting much, much worse around dinner time, and in some rare cases I don’t get depth, clarity, dynamics and imaging back until around midnight. Like many people I’ve attributed this to noise on my AC lines. But recently I’ve been wondering if maybe internet service quality is at least contributing to the issue in some manner. When I run tests it appears that speed, jitter, and latency are all higher at times when the sound is poor. That got me wondering if anyone knows whether one type of internet service is better than another for HiFi streaming? For example, is ADSL or DSL better, or does it matter? And what about speed? Particularly interested in anyone who has real world experiences from experimenting in this area…
nyev

Your digital can and does pick up packet noise from home to home 

this is why I installed a good LPS  power supply and bought my own upgraded router modem combo motorola 8702 which has docsis 3.1 many are older 3.0 

the new ones much better wifi picture even tv streaming Roku.

I hard wire my streaming the LPS which I use Linear Tube Audio Excellent !

nothing even close under $1200 , it’s on sale$700  Audiogon  and the DC cableto the router is excellent ,most others charge $150  for the cable , youcan buy a LPS for $3-400 but no where is good and crappy Dc cable , use decent aftermarket power cords.and a decent Ethernet switch for $600 the best  LHY , SW-8 

eastern electric no not as good just look at the parts quality compared. And decent Ethernet cables . The most important cable for sure is at the end point. Look for  Telegartner make topEthernet connectors on your cables. 

Was looking forward to comparing my streamed song against the local file tonight during the “bad” period, but unfortunately for the test, it’s really not sounding bad at all tonight.  Not at all like last night which was unlistenable.  And, one kid is playing games online and the other is FaceTiming friends in a marathon call.  And there’s a kitchen fan in the background that is on, plus there is a loud computer fan that is on as well.  Doesn’t sound as great as really late or earlier in the day, but not terrible like it was yesterday!

As I have understood streaming over the many years that I have been doing it (remember the Griffin iMic?), the "streamed" files are downloaded, cached and replayed by the given software: Apple Music/iTunes, Spotify, Qobuz et al.

Although someone of you may refute that, it seems that the problem of line, processor, cable etc. noise has largely been solved by well-wrought(writ?) playback software. 

Just measuring the sound floor in a quiet NJ den, I get readings of 27-30dB. 

Whose ears and brain can process that amount of ambient hash and hear the "effect" of AC, cable, fiber transmission?

nyev  did you say you had measured the power to see how bad it is?

Ever try an ADD-POWR  Sorcer X4 ?  They seem to work well with bad power  systems.

If you live in the NW or So Cal I can help you try one.

@jkevinoc , I believe you are correct in the way that modern playback software works. But I don’t believe the “captured” and cached stream would be a bit-perfect copy of an equivalent purchased local file at the same bit rate. Possibly due to differences in the streaming company’s source file, and possibly due to errors introduced in the stream that the cached copy came from originally (due to noise or jitter). And yes, I am aware that the Ethernet protocol has error correction built in, but I still believe noise and jitter are still factors.