Playback designs followup?

There was a flurry of impressions when this player first came out, all of which was very favourable. I would really like to hear from the original users and others who are very familiar with this player about their impressions about its sound.
For the lucky owners, is it still as spectacular as initial impressions suggested or maybe even better with ongoing use??
Thanks
ecka
Tvad, I'm having more fun with the Modwright Truth Transporter then I've had with any piece of audio equipment I've bought in a long time. Fun is why I went into this hobby to begin with.

Andy was referred to me by Frank Huang formerly of Audio Outlet and currently of Reference Cinema & Sound. Of all the audio dealers I've done business with over the years (quite a few), I consider Frank to be beyond reproach. He is always professional and has complete integrity.

Arthur
Arthurp, you're the one that said "I guess that is why I'm currently on the "Out List" of the Chambers clan." If you want to talk about Modwright and Marantz then do it in the appropriate threads. The fact that you inject yourself into every PD thread, raised the spector of your axe to grind in my mind and then you confirmed it above.

BTW, plenty of people have hearing that measures perfect, that doesn't mean that they no how to or what to listen for.

Dave
Arthurp,

Thanks for the rebuttal. Nice system indeed. It just goes to show us that there are many different ways to reach our nirvana.

The darTZeel was for me , as was the Playback. They were a major leap for me to reach what I was seeking. No system tube or SS has reached this level for me. Is it the best, I will never say anything is the best, we all know what happens when we say that.

How ironic is it that in my room I tried a couple Bat amps & pre & they did not work well for me. I would not say they were bad at all, they were just not the most musical & seemed to exhibit a lack of high frequency purity. Almost a rolled off presence in my room. I agree bass was excellent, but I find no lack of bass in my room with the Dart & mm3's. I'd say some of the best bass in any system I have heard to date in any system. I always have felt that if you can't get the bass right, you won't get anything right.
Crazy that we almost have totally different opinions on some of the same equipment. As we both know the rooms , cables & our ears play a roll in those outcomes.

I to respect your opinions & pursuit of quality sound.

When WE audio nuts deal on this level, most of the time we are splitting hairs, & we know it's all good!!!!

Enjoy & happy listening to you as well.

Gary
Post removed 
Dcstep, I read that somebody at RMAF asked the dealer how many hours were on the Marantz Sa-7s1 and PD MPS-5. He stated the Marantz was just out of the box and the MPS-5 was well broken in.
If that was the case, the Marantz didn't sound at its best. It needs a least 400 to 500 hours of brake-in.
Just a thought. Enjoy your machine, am sure it is an excellent player.