Anyone have experience with using de-esser for sibilance in home audio system?

I've been experiencing sibilance over the past year and have arrived at the conclusion that it's my hearing. 

I'm wondering whether a pro-audio de-esser might help.

Does anyone have experience with this?  

stuartk

@stuartk ....(Watching Jon Stewart on DVR, but I've got my 'mental ears' still foke-assed....😏... ;)...)

Do...'better than average For Your Age' starts tossing flags on my field....😖

Saw my cardio recently.....spouse 'in tow', although that's a debate I won't have w/her.....( Asking 'Why?' indicates to yours unruly you're sliding into the POTUS debate of late {"Is he....capable?"}....[....like the Chump is Better?!  Don't start me...I'll get most of A'gon locked down....]

I ramble.... ;).....Cardio sez I'm go to go to eat whatever I like, after having me on Jardinance....I'm not diabetic, my A1C is Fine, and @ 130ish, I'm comfy with the weight I get to trudge about with...
...which seems just to make her more 'noid over me.

I'm 72.6, agree with J.S. on his 'close-up' that...

I'm not happy 'bout This, either....but, I'll run what I've brung.

I'll try to keep in mind and hand that sooner than desired...I'm Toast.

I'll try to spare y'all for whatever goes with That.

Anyway....'chure, check the ears...  We seem to rot faster than we'd like to admit, and Yes, we try to blame the mirror of lying.

It can't.

My best, and best for the prognosis....Jerry.

Back to J. Stewart....more funny than I, gets paid more to do so....

...and that's not fair either.....

Weiss makes a DAC with a de-esser in it. Incidentally, Weiss makes the industry standard de-esser for recording and mastering, and he includes the same code in the DAC that’s in the professional units.  I’ve used it, and he simplifies the pro audio settings into a few controls that are easy to use for hifi. YouTube has more info on it. Extremely good DAC, too. 

Upshot:

It's in your system

or

All in your head.

Daily Show got cut off @ :35 min. in. 😖

Faulty programming....

I have been having that same problem for about a year now. IMHO it is your ears.As we age our hearing changes as mine did and now at almost 65 I have no choice but to listen to your music with a background hissing ( tinnitus).Believe me, I did so much experimenting (and very costly) to finally accept my tinnitus condition after seeing an audiologist.BTW, I have the Weiss 501 with all the room improvement features and it’s not the room but ears. My friends tell me my music is crystal clear like they never heard before so on that note I accepted my condition and decided to stop looking and spending and JUST ENJOY THE MUSIC 🎶🎼