Smaller plug-in AC Purifiers -- Shunyata, iFi, Puron...something else? What do you like?

I like the Shunyata Venom Defender. It does a good job of reducing noise in my outlets.

I'm wondering if others have tried similar, plug in products — such as the Puron Power Filter or the iFi AC Purifier or something else.

128x128hilde45

I have added power conditioning incrementally. I find it easier to take it out of the system after it burns in to be able to hear the loss of it's effects. I Have 3 dedicated 10 gauge 20 amp circuits. I added Shunyata defenders more for protection, but they made very subtle improvents. I added an Everest which was great. I then added two Purons. They made a very nice improvemnt that was easy to hear when I pulled them out. I then ordered 4 more Purons. I now run 2 Purons and a Defender for each side of my Gryphon Stereo amp(two different power cords needed) as there are four outlets per circuit. I then run 2 Purons in the bottom two outlets of my Everest. These all compliment each other and the Purons especially improve imaging and the wee edge that appears now and then. I recommend Purons. The Swiss digital fuses were also an improvment over the four SR Purple fuses they replaced. 

I will throw my hat in the ring as a happy Puron customer as well.  Bought 2 of them and I perceive a significant audible improvement in both soundstage and the depth of the soundstage.  Definitely worth the $400 I paid for 2!

I have 2 Purons and have just purchased 2 more.  They clearly make a difference.  The nice aspect is that this isn't one or the other.  The Purons compliment power conditioners and work well as a stand alone.  My initial two Purons went into the duplex outlet that my PS 10 power conditioner is plugged into as well as the first plug in line on the back, exactly as the reviewer above described.  Not a small difference.  My next two will go into the outlets my amps are plugged into.  Should receive them next week.  

@wokeuptobose I too have found the swiss digital boxes outperformed my SR purple fuses.  I tried the Rhodium in my PS 10 and I think its the best of all of them.

Orthomead, is the Rhodium a slug from Mark? Where are you seeing slug options? I was thinking that tuning slugs would be cheap and a lot of fun, but don't know where to buy them!!! Thank you for your comments. I can see a future thread where we share slug experiences.