Marantz 8001 SACD Player mods?

Looking for input. I have a Marantz 8001 CD/SACD player. I'm either thinking about replacing it or having one of the modifier shops have at it. Is it worth up to $2000 to modify this unit or would I get better sound if I just replaced it with a used unit around $2000? Anyone have any experience with a modified 8001? Might I get better sound just by upgrading to a Marantz SA-11 or SA-15? I'm more interested in the best Redbook sound, as I only have a handful of SACD's.
tube540
Post removed 
I guess what I'm asking is for the same total amount of dollars, would the modified 8001 trounce a used SA-15 or SA-11? Or would the stock SA-15 or SA-11 sound better than a modded 8001? I know the resale value always suffer. Sometimes mods are of the "I can't believe the improvement" to "can I hear a difference and do I like it better after the mod"? Would love to hear opinions from people that owned modded Marantz 8260's or 8001's. The cost for the mods start at about $750.
Post removed 
I have a Marantz 8001 SACD/CD player modded by Paul and Brian Weitzel of Tube Research Labs about a year ago (I bought it new for about $650 and had it modded for about $700). I formerly owned a Marantz SA-11, which I sold. I think that the modded 8011 has more detail than the SA-11, has better highs, and is more analog-like.