InnuOS Sense 2.6.0.

The update contains a major upgrade to Sound quality. My Zenith Mk3 sings like never before. Any similar experiences?

antigrunge2

I upgraded without issue, but didn’t notice any audible difference from the previous version and the only functional difference I’ve noticed is the volume slider now has +/- so you can fine adjust volume. Otherwise same same for me. 

@shredsled when i say Qobuz albums, I mean those albums that I have access to through my Qobuz membership and added to my Qobuz library, but did not purchase.  So whether Qobuz downloads the entire album to my Zenith and then just shoots a key over the internet to unlock it everytime I play it or streams the entire album, I don't know.  From some past posts here, I seem to remember that it is the latter. Yes, the Zenith shows up under "audio" -- actually, my Zenith is the Roon Core and the three streamers linked to it (BMC Ultra Dac and 2 ProJect S2 Stream Boxes) show up.  However, Roon has been buggy besides not working as described above -- sometimes displaying all and only playing the ripped CD's and other times not displaying all albums and not even playing ripped CD's or allowing "pause" and "play".  Maybe I have to uninstall and reinstall Roon, don't know. I let let you know what i see.

Here is what I am hearing with regard to a change in SQ after (a very smooth) update to Sense 2.6.0:  more "weight", especially in the lower-end....a "fuller" sound.  (Sorry, not a pro with audio-speak, those are the adjectives that popped into my head)

I like it.      .....and the expanded volume slider!

Gear:  Zenith Mk3 > Yggdrasil LIM Dac > Counterpoint 5.1 pre > AES/Cary SE-1 300B amp > Klipschorns with full Volti upgrade package (that was WOW!).

Regards to all.  -Jim

Well all is well and fixed. Without doing anything more, I simply logged out of Roon, waited 10 minutes, logged back in and everything works as it should.

@jimintally agreed! After the 2.6 update, the music has a more substantial presence (easier to ’see’ full size musicians and instruments). For me this translates to a significant improvement in the depth, musicality and microdetails apparent in the mid-base.

Happy listening.