Audioquest Hurricane High Current Power Cable on my DAC. That's right!!!

While listening to my audio system, although the music reproduction was very nice overall, somehow, I kept getting this uneasy feeling that the music just wasn’t flowing the way I expected it to. Something just wasn’t right. The music was sounding a bit bass heavy, sterile, and even somewhat uninvolving. Now, I just recently upgraded all cabling in my system except for my speaker and ethernet cables, which I determined to be keepers, so they remained with no regrets. After further listening and evaluation, I decided that the first step in attempting to make my system sound more involving would be to do a little experimentation with my power cables, just to see what effect the changes would have on it. As mentioned, I just recently upgraded most of the cables in my system which included two Audioquest Hurricane High Current PCs, one for my integrated amp, and one for my power conditioner (as recommended). However, I have heard of others (rarely) who used an Audioquest Hurricane High Current PC on their DACs (not recommended), so I thought, what the hell, let’s give it a shot. So, I took the incredible JPS Labs Aluminata PC off my DAC and exchanged it with the Audioquest Hurricane HC (I plugged the Hurricane into a source outlet on my Audioquest Niagara 3000), and then put the JPS Labs Aluminata on my amp (I plugged the Aluminata into a high current outlet on my Audioquest Niagara 3000), and wow!!! With the Hurricane on my DAC (Ayre Acoustics QX-5 Twenty) everything suddenly came together beautifully. The sound was just as detailed but more organic, natural, lush, musical and involving. The soundstage was jsut as deep, tall and wide. The bass also got tighter and more coherent as well. Turns out that the JPS Labs Aluminata happened work better the amp in my system. The change in placement of the cables in my system created a different dichotomy and synergy between them, that, fortunately for me, worked out just beautifully for me and my system!!! So, I just wanted to share my experience with others in regards to my extremely positive experience using an amazing Audioquest Hurricane High Current Power Cable as a source power cable, on a DAC. Happy listening.

kennymacc

FROM a bit bass heavy, sterile, and even somewhat uninvolving.

TO as detailed but more organic, natural, lush, musical and involving. The soundstage was jsut as deep, tall and wide. The bass also got tighter and more coherent as well.

PLACEBO EFFECT/SELF-JUSTIFICATION but it's worth the money as long as you're happy

BTW what's difference between uninvolving and involving?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEW!!!

classicrockfan

Okay, Mr...... "PLACEBO" man.  You know best, LOL!!!!!

Happy Listening!

I don’t like sushi. That’s why I don’t participate on sushi forums. 

High current amps (drawn by transformers) or batteries (stored)

Variable outputs/inputs (volume controls voltage controls etc..)

Variable High current power cord doesn't make sense.

Just read this thread one more time.

"more organic, natural, lush, musical and involving.  deep, tall and wide"

"amazing Audioquest Hurricane High Current Power Cable as a source power cab"

Having used all those fancy words and praises this is not some ordinary product review by an end user. Nothing do with placebo/self justification. I won't say anything negative about it... but laugh it off. Hopefully adequately compensated or at least allowed to keep the review unit.

Oh and, the moderator of this site should move this thread to MEMBER REVIEWS. And should give the OP a warning and this member audphile1 another warning for making a personal attack.