Player that excels at imaging..

My quest still continues for a new cd player.Most important is finding a player that excels at imaging.Don't get me wrong all the other things are important to - bass ,extended treble,natural midrange,etc.But nothing gets to me more in a system than when you get a nice wide soundstadge with great imaging.Players I'm looking at are Cary 303/300,Audio research 5,Resolution audio opus 21.My current player is a Sonic frontiers cd-1.It lacks the imaging & bass I'm looking for to complete my system.My other gear is Pass labs.Any opinions whould be helpfull..
spaz
Pass Labs solid state presentation may be a reason you aren't getting the imaging you like but if you want a new cdp I'd suggest a well designed tube output unit.
What do you mean by 'imaging'? It sounds like you want something that will present a wider, higher soundstage with the players closer to you, am I correct?

If I am correct, you may find the answer in a power cord and do not need a new CDP. Try a Virtual Dynamics power cord on your SF CD-1 first, you may be surprised.
If you want to try a CDP that will also provide the same result (wider, larger stage with closer players) look for a EMM Labs CDSA-SE or an Esoteric unit.

Cheers,
John
i think all above good be the answer, but i have owned alot of players, linn, marantz, musical fidelity, naim,etc...but the best player for the money is a cary 300/100 or 200, they are superb in every aspect and sell reasonable on the market used..good listneing and hunting....whitt