Seeking Legit Cartridge Expert?

Anyone out there have a reputable guy who knows the nuances of carts in the $2000+ range? So many opinions.....

current set up 

VPI Super Prime Scot / 10.5 arm

Hana ML

Harbeth 40.3XD 

What's going to drastically improve my sound / detail....mostly listen to Hard Rock, Zeppelin etc....

Thanks! 

128x128tommypenngotti

@paulietunes 

"Harbeths are fantastic speakers but if someone who was listening to a lot of hard rock asked for a speaker recommendation I would not suggest Harbeth. "

I get this all the time , I have an unusual set up . I also have (2) Emminence tour grade dual 18's w BSS crossover in the chain, it rocks , trust me ...and the clarity is unreal with he 40.3's ...🥳

@tommypenngotti So glad to hear that!  There's a million ways to skin the cat in this hobby and you figured out your own unique way to get the sound you want.  Kudos!  In the end, your happiness is all that matters anyways.

@paulietunes 

Wow! someone who gets that and isn't flaming me for not following the herd ...rare! There's hope for mankind...thank you 

If an individual has a taste for a particular type of sound the integration of critical parts in the Upstream end will be critical for maintaining the pleasure side to the sound already attained. 

The Cart' is as Upstream as one can, with Audio Equipment used to replay Vinyl LP's.

A I'll thought out selection will undoubtedly get you listening to music.

A careful selection made from assessing listening will be a much more sure footed approach, but this take footwork.

I bought into the Hana SL and it was not in anyway attractive to my preferences for a produced sound and influence on a production. The Cart' is stored with very short usage and kept as a loaner Cart'.

I still have a interest in Hana and will get some time in front of the 'Blue'.

I suggest to commence hearing Cart's a headphones are used to hear VAS NY Inc needle drops of his work and repairs. 

The needle drops will enable you to assess the Cart's Tonal Range, I. E, whether is is Bloomy, Rich or Lean. 

Brands have similar traits in a Cart's voicing, learning about these can be quite valuable.

I can't recommend buying on hear say. 

Why would you want an MC to play Zepplin? Let me suggest the Musc Hall "Stealth" with a nice, rorty Ortofon 2M Blue pre-mounted for $1,650. While I don't listen much to Zepplin or other hard rock, when I do, the Stealth/Blue combo makes the music come alive. Spend the money you save on other vinyl.