Upgraded my cables and they transformed my system!!!

My old cables were, and my new cables are a mix of three or four different brands of cables that synergized beautifully together to produce an outstanding sound in my system. Recently, I felt that there was room for improvement in my audio system’s cabling, so I decided it was time to upgrade. I’m still in love with my old superb speaker cables (Revel Salon 2 speakers), (JPS Labs Superconductor 3 speaker cables), and my incredible ethernet cables (Shunyata Sigma), so I felt no need to replace them. Here’s a list of the upgrades that I made:

Ayre Acoustc QX-5 Twenty DAC: Old cable= ATC, 2M, power cable (excellent for digital exclusively). Replaced with= JPS Labs Aluminata 1.5M power cable (transformational).

Hegel H590 Integrated Amp: Old cable= Audioquest Tornado power cable, High Current, 15A, 1 meter. Replaced with= Audioquest Hurricane, High Current, 1M, 15A

Audioquest Niagara 3000 Power Conditioner: Old cable= Audioquest Thunder power cable, High Current, 15A, 2M. Replaced with= Audioquest Hurricane, High Current, 15A, 2M.

Interconnects: Old cable= Audioquest Earth, 1M, XLR. Replaced with= Audioquest Pegasus, 1M, XLR (transformational).

Note: My budget limit was $1500 or less for each cable (new or used), which I achieved.

I'm not one of our more well-heeled audiophiles, and the $1500 or below (new or used) for each cable was the absolute limit to my financial capabilities for my new cables.  However, at the $1500 or below price point for a new or used power cord or pair of interconnects, you can purchase a level of quality which, IMHO, is so incredibly high with such a high level of proficiency, one would have to question the necessity to spend more.    

With the new cables in place, the sound quality of my system, which sounded simply outstanding before the upgrades, has been improved dramatically by leaps and bounds, and my new interconnects are not even close to being fully broken-in yet!!! Of course, I expected this kind of improvement in sound quality once the new cables were installed, and the improvement will continue to get better and better over time as the interconnects continue to further burn-in. Now, I should be good to go for the foreseeable future.

For those of you who still persist in believing that non-stock, upgraded, aftermarket cabling is "Snake-oil"...............you have no idea.

Happy listening

kennymacc

I’m definitely not an expert but most audiophiles may agree, the quality of your cables should match your system. In chocaholic’s case, the Rocket 88 speaker cables paired with the Revels and lower cost interconnects may match his system and sound amazing to his ears. His system is comprised of a BS node, Revel speakers etc. In his case, it wouldn’t make sense to drop 2K on speaker cables or purchase an expensive interconnect for a BS node. 

@cundare2    
+1

confirmation bias
measurements matter most
ears can be misled
hearing can be fooled
its just 1s and 0s

The list goes on and on.  I fail to understand why or how so many strangers to the OP can reign down such negative comments when they have no experience with the writer’s judgment.  The comments are never “in my opinion” or “I think, feel that etc.”.  It is always stated as absolute fact and, sometimes stated or implied, if you disagree for any reason you are a moron, tone deaf, or just plain stupid.
My blood boils.

BTW, I have gone the interconnect and power cable route. All were chosen after a lot of research.  None have been over $500. Truthfully, I heard noticeable and positive results for every upgrade. 

IMHO

This is what the OP stated:

With the new cables in place, the sound quality of my system, which sounded simply outstanding before the upgrades, has been improved dramatically by leaps and bounds, and my new interconnects are not even close to being fully broken-in yet!!!

So the system sounded outstanding before, but is now transformed and dramatically improved by leaps and bounds!!!  I understand that you like your new cables, but your hyperbolic descriptions make me question your credibility.

English 101, when anyone makes a comment regarding any matter on this site, it is “their opinion.” You do not have to state what is naturally implied when making a comment or expressing your opinion. Personally, I have not interpreted any comments as being “absolute fact.” Being condescending or rude is one thing. Expressing your opinion in a non judgmental manner should be expected on a forum like Agon.