Subwoofer xLr connection

I own a pair of Martin Logan Dynamo 1100XL subwoofers which include xLr input connectors. Can I connect the fully differential balanced outputs from a pleamplifier to the xLr input of the subwoofers?

alanpiga

I have read reviews of equipment that include xLr connectors and their circuit is single ended. I own a Graaf gm20 with balanced differential circuit topology. I am next going to purchase a preamplifier with balanced outputs. Audio GD is an option but of the two xLr outputs only one is in a balanced differential circuit the other is NOT. I have verified this with their representative. They can make one with both xlr’s set in the balanced differential circuit. This makes a difference to me because I can get the same preamplifier used, quicker, and at a discount possibly. The subs ar a pair of Martin Logan 1100x. I have read some articles stating that the real noise cancellation from xLr is only realized in balanced differential circuits. I have asked ML and their answer is that they are compatible. When I asked a second time rephrasing the question as in are the amps inside the subs balanced differential amplifiers the answer was that the question was already answered in the previous email, which… answer is not conclusive to me.

Single ended XLR inputs are "convenience" connectors to make it easier to pick and choose, but the wont have the same common mode noise rejection of a truly differential input.

It will perform just like an RCA connection in terms of noise rejection