Emerald Physics EP-X

Any consumers out there that have direct in home experience with the Emerald Physics EP-X speakers. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks...
sfrounds
I was going to start this thread but you beat me to it!

I started out with eying the ep-x but now have put my focus on the kcII.

I talked a lot with Walter at underwood and said if you have no sub go with the ex-p, but with the sub the kcII is the way to go. He said the bass is more natural on the kcII, but just not as low, (because ep-x has the tube) thus the need for a sub though you could get by without a sub if your cool about not have really low bass.

adeep42, when are you getting them? post right away if you can even without break in and you can always repost how the break in went. I am getting ready possibly to get the kcII but have no real info on them to easily pull the trigger.

The kcII and ep-x have same mid and tweet so that part is the same sonically.
Just arrived this AM. They've been running all day so maybe 10-20% broken in. I bought these to use in my soon to be much roomier new home. Currently they're about 8" off the rear wall and about 6' apart, slightly toed in. In my new place I'll have a lot more room to experiment with positioning. At first they were even closer to wall and bass was boomy. Now the bass is very controlled..They seem to have a really nice wide sound stage. This evening, after streaming from iTunes for about 5 hours, I decided to play some vinyl. Thought a good test would be VINAL PASSION's remastered "Maria Callas, the Incomparable". Sounded absolutely terrific.

I think Walter is really on to something. I don't want to compare them to Maggies, truly a different kind of speaker, but I believe, like Maggies, the value is amazing. Really do believe that you'd have to pay a ton more for a box speaker with comparable sound plus they're 93db sensitivity and made in the USA.

More to come at a later date.
Adeep42, thanks for you input. Your the first person I could find that has these and can share your thoughts on. If your only 8" from the back wall it will only get much better the more you move them out.

What speakers did they replace and what are some speakers brands that you have had in your system?

How pin point in the center are the voices?

Are you using the dsp?

What color option are they and whats your impressions on the build quality?