Have we lost civility and respect on Audio forums?

I think we have.  I have seen many discussion on audio forums and how nasty they can become when you have people disagreeing. Seems like there are a lot more know it alls now. I been in 20 years and I can still learn.  But I also know I know quite a bit. Like cables can enhance the sound and higher end well designed gear can truly be ear candy special.  Is this just on audio forums or the internet period. 

calvinj

It’s the world we live in. People like to hide behind the relative safety of a computer screen. It’s similar to the those that feel invincible when drunk and learn the hard way that drinking doesn’t make them bigger. I wonder just how many would act the same in person. Things seem to have exponentially gotten worse after COVID. I have wondered if the virus didn’t alter some yet undiscovered things in the human brain!  There are a couple of sites that I have abandoned just because they become a source of stress instead of pleasure because of it. Some aren't properly policed and others can be overly monitored calling you out for petty violations. Life’s too short for that.

Seems to me it's been that way for a few decades all over the internet. All about anonymity.